Friday, April 1, 2011

Almond Joy Oatmeal

Oatmeal is awesome. It is comforting and filling and can be doctored up with an endless amount of delicious things! This morning I made Almond Joy oatmeal from Live Well 360. When I added the vanilla & almond extracts I was sure that I had added too much, but once stirred together, it was delicious. I halved the recipe, but kept the full amount of almonds and I also used sugar instead of stevia. I also topped my oatmeal with a spoonful of Greek yogurt, because it makes everything better!
Today, I ate my oatmeal out of a green mini loaf pan with a hand carved spoon, just because I can =)
Almond Joy Oatmeal (from Live Well 360)
Makes one serving or two smaller ones
1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp stevia
7 g almond butter
7g mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
7g coconut flakes, sweetened
4g almond slivers, toasted
Directions In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana. Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and stevia, and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with the almond butter, chocolate chips, coconut shavings, and slivered almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading each one!!