Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little out of season - Cranberry Lime Galette

I've been wanting to make this Cranberry Lime Galette from Dorie Greenspan's book Baking From my Home to Yours since the Tuesdays with Dorie group baked it back in November, and finally had occasion to do so. However, I was reminded today as I went through all of my favourite blogs, that it is now Spring. Spring is for lemon and strawberries, cranberries are for Fall. Oh well, better late than never - and this galette is definitely too good to be confined to Fall baking!!
I was worried that it might be too tart, but it was absolutely delicious. The cranberries, lime, apple,ginger and almonds went together perfectly to create a deeply flavourful galette. I had planned to serve the galette with White Chocolate Whipped Cream, as Dorie suggests. But I beat the whipped cream one millisecond too long and had a broken mess on my hands instead. Luckily I had some extra cream and so we had it with lightly sweetened whipped cream instead. Still delicious!
Celestial Confections chose this recipe for TWD and has the recipe posted. Please try it, Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dessert. This must have been a joy to eat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your galette up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading each one!!